To all of our beloved Metropolitan Family. Greetings in the only name that matters, our Lord and Savior, Jesus The Christ. I pray this memorandum finds each of you blessed and highly favored. First, I want to sincerely thank each of you for your support, patience, and prayers through these unchartered waters. As many of you may know, beginning on May 15, Houses of Worship can operate at 50% capacity. Although we welcome the change from the Governor, we are projecting a soft reopening of your ministry on May 31 or June 7. The date is contingent upon the arrival of additional supplies that are in transit and an operational plan that we feel good about. We want you to know that we have not been idle during this pandemic; we have been working hard in anticipation of this “new normal” that will exist.
Please know that the health and safety of our church family is top priority and we plan on taking every necessary precaution to insure not only a spiritual worship experience, but a safe worship experience. Below you will find a few changes and precautions that are necessary. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience. We look forward to seeing each of you once again and as always, your feedback and input is always appreciated.
What congregants should expect:
- Mask will be required for all who enter the building.
- Orderly and controlled entry and exit of the building
- Infrared temperature checks will be conducted
- Social distancing will be practiced
- Café and 2nd floor will not be open, balcony area will be open for seating
- Offering will be collected upon entering worship at offering stations
- Bible study will continue electronically in the interim
- Sunday school is under evaluation and assessment
- Music ministry will deploy a praise team structure for worship
- Communion will be distributed upon entry
- Valet parking will be suspended and driving thru portico will not be permitted
- Children’s church operation is temporarily suspended
- Hand sanitizer stations are being installed throughout the building
- Vans and transportation efforts will resume in mid-June
- Hand-shaking and embracing is not recommended
- Building will be thoroughly sanitizer prior to and after worship and additionally throughout the week.
- High risk individuals should consider continuing with the online worship experience